February 3rd, 2016
- Wow! Has it been that long since I updated this site? I am still around, I am still kicking, I have just been really busy. What's coming up? Well, I've got a trip to Toronto (and area) planned for the beginning of March. In there will be at least one presentation of What I Learned from Cancer. I'm still madly working away at Three Things: Stories about Life, my one-man play. More later.
November 3rd to 28th, 2015
- Kickstarter in support of my next project, a one-man play called Three Things: Stories About Life. For more information about the project and to support it, please visit: http://bit.ly/3TKick
October 6th, 2015
- Story Meets Science: Genetic Issues in Biology. Workshop at Linden Christian School, Winnipeg.
October 4th, 2015
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. -- Healing and Wholeness, a pastoral address to St. Philip's Anglican Church, 240 Tache Avenue, Winnipeg. Church website
- What I Learned from Cancer. A book reading at Norbury Books & Cafe, 62C North Main Street, Weaverville, North Carolina.
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. -- What I Learned from Cancer: An Evening with Dennis Maione. Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 1207 West Dixon Boulevard, Shelby, North Carolina. More details to come.
- Advances in Hereditary Cancer Symposium. Omaha NE. Attending first day. Symposium website
September 13th, 2015
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. -- Healing and Wholeness, a pastoral address to Timbers Community Church, 34B Whyte Avenue, Dryden, Ontario. Church website
September 12th-October 3rd
- Eastern USA Book Tour and Speaking Extravaganza! Details to follow.
September 12th, 2015
- 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. -- Kick Butt Walk/Run for Colon Cancer. Running and hanging about (books on sale). Kildonan Park, Winnipeg. Run Website
October 7th-November 4th, 2015
- Telling Your Story Workshop at Linden Christian School, Winnipeg.
August 15th and 16th, 2015
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. -- Arts and Crafts Sale, Victoria Beach Community Centre, Highway 59 @ Ateah Rd., Victoria Beach, MB
August 2nd, 2015
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. -- Healing and Wholeness, a pastoral address to Church of the Way, 450 Lilac Street, Winnipeg.
June 17th, 2015
- 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. -- Reading from the manuscript of Past Calls Future: Family and Destiny for Italian Heritage month. Caboto Centre, 1055 Wilkes Avenue. The video below is not great but it works if you turn up the volume and close your eyes.
May 14th, 2015 to June 4th, 2015 (Thursday evenings)
- Telling Your Story: A memoir-writing workshop. Thanks to Glen and Joni for being such excellent students! I look forward to seeing what a little motivation can produce in you.
June 3rd and 4th
- Introduction to Storytelling and Memoir. Thanks to the students and staff at the Westgrove Adult Education Centre (Winnipeg) and the Adult Learning Centre (Winkler) for their hospitality and gracious reponse to my presentation.
May 31st, 2015
- 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. -- Healing and Wholeness, a pastoral address to Cornerstone Alliance Church, 920 Cottonwood Road, Winnipeg. Church website
May 29th, 2015
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. -- House Reading: What I Learned from Cancer. I had an excellent time telling stories and reading from my book. While the presentation is always the same, the discussion afterwards is always new and varied. Each of us brings our own stories and insights to the questions and struggles through cancer and other critical and chronic illness. My thanks to the organizers and the hosts.
May 27th, 2015
- Telling Your Story. Completed a 4 week program at Winnipeg Open Doors Adult Literacy Program. What a great bunch of students, what a great bunch of stories. This program was delivered in conjunction with Literacy Partners of Manitoba.
May 9th, 2015
- 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. -- You, the Writer. A panel discussion on self-publishing and traditional publishing at the Manitoba Editors Association 2015 publishing conference.
May 6th, 2015
- Completed Telling Your Story Workshop at Linden Christian School, Winnipeg. Thanks to Matt Janzen and his grade 11 English classes for a great time and fantastic stories.
May 3rd, 2015
- 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. -- Pastoral address to Heritage Alliance Church, 3575 Hillsdale Street, Regina.
May 2nd, 2015
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. -- Keynote Address at Living Well with Cancer Retreat for the Canadian Cancer Society-Saskatchewan Branch at Victoria Inn, 1800 Victoria Avenue East, Regina.
April 27th, 2015
- 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. -- Address to the Tiber River Book Club, 1650 Kenaston Boulevard, Winnipeg
April 25th, 2015
- 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. -- Book Signing at Coles Kildonan Place, 1555 Regent Avenue, Winnipeg
April 24th, 2015
- 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. -- Telling Your Story: Literacy in Community, a workshop for adult educators at the Adult Secondary Education Conference, 440 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg
April 19th, 2015
- This website is born!
April 6th, 2015
- Interview by Marcy Markusa of CBC Radio on the topic of returning to work during and after cancer treatment. Here is a link to the audio of the interview. It starts at 29:17 of the audio recording.
April 1st, 2015
- The spring edition of The Hub features an article on Dennis and his upcoming signing at the James Richardson International Airport in Winnipeg
March 25th, 2015
- The spring edition of Literacy Partners of Manitoba's Write On Magazine is published featuring Dennis' take on literacy.
March 18th, 2015
- Today's edition of The Herald featured an article on Dennis and his cancer journey. Online edition